Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Time




Today it is my blessing to coordinate a Twas the Night Before Christmas Brunch for our elementary school teachers and staff. As we decorated our Multi-Purpose Room for the festivities yesterday afternoon, our teachers were like little children on Christmas Eve -- eager to catch a glimpse of the surprises in store for them. And I must confess, I have felt a bit like a child waiting for Christmas morning as the event approaches. I will share all the details this week, but for now I will give you one little peek.





As I have told our PTO board members, this brunch is such a little thing -- a little breakfast food, a little music and little favors. But the love behind it is a big thing. Our nation feels broken in grief over the tragic school shooting in Connecticut last week. But even as our hearts break for the precious lives lost, our hearts also swell with admiration for the educators whose courage and quick thinking saved many lives.





Tears streamed down my face as I watched the segment above Friday night, in part because I know that my children's teachers would put themselves in harms way to protect our students if ever the need arose. Teachers are heroes, and I am so grateful that I can play a small part in paying tribute to our beloved faculty and staff at Wetumpka Elementary School.



I will be sharing more details of our brunch this week, as well as more ideas for teacher appreciation. Let's show our teachers how much we care!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin