Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Dresser Makeover


For months I saved pretty pink crystal knobs I found at a home-decor shop, just waiting to use them in daughter Emma's room makeover. They worked perfectly to accent my childhood dresser, which I painted the same green as the chairs matched to our tea table. (See that post here.)






The middle drawer was broken beyond repair, so I had a piece of wood cut to fit and used the existing frame to hold our new shelf. Inexpensive photo storage boxes fit the space perfectly, so I covered them with scraps of fabric leftover from our bedding and drapes. 





Here is the completed vignette -- a great way to incorporate a bit of my childhood in Emma's modern space.



"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older." ~ Tom Stoppard


Photos by Allison Hilyer. Used with permission.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin