Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sisters on the Shore


"Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister?" ~ Alice Walker


Several years ago I shared a special visit with my wee little girls at Callaway Gardens, in Pine Mountain, Ga., and earlier this month I took my pre-teens for a weekend getaway to The Grand Hotel, in Point Clear, Ala.





These daughters of mine are growing up so fast, yet they somehow grow more precious every day.






Shopping for souvenirs in the resort gift shop, I was reminded that as mature as these young ladies seem sometimes, they are still little girls at heart. Emma fell in love with a tiny teddy bear, and just as I was telling her that it was too expensive, big sister Mary Ashley appeared snuggling the same stuffed animal in a different color. Looking into their hopeful faces, I could not resist indulging their childhood wishes. These days are fleeting, after all, and must be treasured in their season.




Mary Ashley and Emma (2012)


And here are my beautiful daughters just four years later.





Blog Widget by LinkWithin